- Drying (NOT cabin dryers)
- Hand stripping
- Nail clipping
- Facial & paw treatment
- Puppy play leading to bathing
If you have two dogs they may come together but will be groomed one at a time.
Shampoos and conditioners are used to suit your dog’s coat and skin. We can discuss the best product for your dog. If you have a specific shampoo prescribed from your vet, I can use this for your dog.
Some breeds of dog require regular grooming to keep them healthy and for good animal welfare; we can discuss each individual need and put a grooming routine together for them.
The length of time for a full groom is very much dependent on the size and coat type of your dog, but usually about 2 – 3 hours. A bath and brush up would be approximately 1 – 2 hours.
Brushing in-between visits is always beneficial for your dog. Matted coats can take longer to groom and may require to be clipped; this would be discussed with you before clipping.
The dogs’ welfare is always paramount and any signs of distress you shall be contacted immediately.
All dogs must be vaccinated and following a worm and parasite program. Any health issues should be discussed at time of booking please.
Barker’s Pet Spa believes in ‘The Five Freedoms’
The Animal Welfare Act 2007 lists the Five Freedoms – your responsibilities when caring for a pet:
- Freedom from hunger and thirst by providing fresh water and the right amount of food to keep your pet fit
- Freedom from discomfort by making sure that your pet has the right kind of environment including shelter and somewhere comfortable to rest
- Freedom from pain, injury and disease by preventing your pet from getting ill and by making sure that pets are diagnosed and treated rapidly should they fall ill or suffer an accident
- Freedom to behave normally by making sure that your pet has enough space and proper facilities
- Freedom from fear and distress by making sure their conditions and treatment avoid mental suffering